Rocky Mountain High




Here is a pic of Mom and I - her first one on the morning of her 30th birthday last Friday. We celebrated by spending a long weekend in Steamboat Springs (my first trip to the mountains, if you can believe it!) . So on Friday after a nice birthday breakfast, Mom, Dad, Grandpa and Aunt Sara all went skiing (Dad actually snowboards, or "thrashes" as he likes to call it), while Grandma and I hung out in the condo.
Then when everyone got back, Mom and Aunt Sara went to relax in the hot tub for a bit. After they got back, Mom found 50 pictures of Dad and I on her camera, just like this one below. I won't bore you by posting all 50, but we thought this one was the funniest. You can tell how ridiculous I think he is.That night, we went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant. I was fairly happy at the beginning of the evening, even though they couldn't get a smile out of me for our family shot - deer in headlights.

But as the night progressed, I got more and more annoyed. Eventually, they just sat me in my carseat so I could entertain myself, which I did a fairly good job of. 

But one thing you probably didn't know about me up to this point is I sortof like to be naked. Actually, there's no sortof about it. Yep, whenever I get undressed, I just kick and smile like there's no tomorrow. So with nothing else left to try, Mom and Dad began undressing me at dinner (seriously, I thought it was a bit odd, too, but I wasn't going to complain!). So here I am in my various stages of undress - first , they took my socks off, which I liked, but that wasn't quite enough.
I told them I wanted my pants off, too. Mom was like "seriously, honey, we're not taking your pants off in the restaurant, that's not appropriate for a little girl!" But I won that battle (of course), and the pants came off. I think this picture speaks for itself.
And here I am with Grandma and Grandpa doing some shopping at the outlets on the way home. I can't wait to go up to the mountains again, Dad promised to strap me to his back while he's boarding so I can get the full effect.

Next up, Dad turns 30 in 2 days! 

Comments

Popular Posts