Dad's day

So yes, it's hard to believe but Mom and Dad's birthdays are only 5 days apart (sometimes 6 on leap years), so just when we I thought the birthday extravaganza was over, we had to celebrate Dad's 30th birthday, too!

The day started out like any other, but then Mom informed me we had to bake Dad his favorite cake (Chocolate Malt cake - we hadn't heard of it either, had to get the recipe from Papa Kroll, but all you really do is add Malted milk to the cake mix. Who would've thought something so easy could be so delicious!?). So here I am, helping mom bake this special cake. I even snuck my finger in the bowl when Mom wasn't looking, too bad she got me! That mom is really good...dangit
So then Dad got home and we went and picked up dinner from one of their favorite sushi places. There just happened to be a 1 month old  newbie there with his family and I heard Mom and Dad comment how they can't even remember me being that little - their memories are already going down the pooper. 

Here's Dad and I are while we waited - I was extra happy for him on his birthday
So then came the big finale where Dad and I blew out his candles (only three - one for each decade - do you people really think 30 candles and a baby go well together?). Don't mind that I'm not wearing any pants..

Comments

Popular Posts