The Great Pumpkin...or not


So last weekend we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins. I'm sure you're expecting a great story about how awesome it was and how much fun we had my first official time picking out pumpkins (because let's face it, last year I was barely awake for the whole thing). Don't get your hopes up people, this is not one of those stories...
First of all, I have to explain that the weather here has been crazy. One day it's 30 and snowing and a few days later it's sunny and 85 degrees. No joke. We haven't had much in between. This particular day happened to be sunny and 85. "Great!" you say...well, no not really. It was about 10 degrees hotter in the middle of this field, so Mom and Dad seemed to be very uncomfortable and sweating. I'm still ok at this point, got my hat and my sunscreen ...bring on the pumpkin picking!
Well, then the heat started to hit me, too, and man, was it crowded (I don't like large crowds - who does?!). This on top of the fact that I didn't get my afternoon nap, and it was not a great combination. I kept tripping over the silly pumpkin vines and landing face first in the dirt (not pictured). There weren't many pumpkins left, and the ones they did have were sadly starting to rot (see rotting pumpkin below).
I tried to keep my spirits up by doing a little exercise and pushing some pumpkins around, but that didn't work.
Then Mom tried to cheer me up by taking me for a barrel ride. That worked for about 2.5 seconds. But at least the kid sitting behind us was enjoying himself.
Then I decided it was time for a meltdown (again, not pictured), and we left said pumpkin patch. I heard we're going to try another one this weekend since we still don't have any actual pumpkins, so stay tuned to see how that goes!


Comments

Popular Posts