The Great Outdoors

As promised, some photos from my camping excursion last week with Dad, Aunt Sara, Uncle Jed (may as well start calling him that!), and Grandpa D.

I rode down with Sara and Jed earlier in the day on Friday, and we got the campsite set up and ready to go. Not a bad view :)


Aunt Sara and I spent some quality time together by the fire and playing in the water.



Then it was time for dinner..I'm not sure what D is doing here, and I don't think he's too sure either. But the hot dogs and smores were good :)


Then Dad finally strolled in around dinnertime, and we did a bit of hiking.


Then we relaxed and watch the stars come out...


Jed got some really cool long exposure photos of the stars overnight.



It was an early morning (I'm talking 4 am when D strolled out of the tent and woke us all up), and after breakfast we drove to the lake and hopped on our pontoon boat determined to catch some fish.



We tried...


and tried..


and tried. But the fish were not biting. Dad got a couple on his line, but just wasn't able to seal the deal. 


So instead of catching a fish, I learned how to drive the boat.


Jed thought I was doing so well, he let me go solo! And this isn't a fake photo - see that wake behind the boat?? I really was driving!


Then I collected some seaweed..and yes, that did come home with me just in case you were wondering.


After fishing it was time to head home. I was smelly and dirty, so I think it was a successful camping trip.


Comments

Popular Posts