Beauty Salon and Photo studio

We have been fairly good at entertaining ourselves lately while Mom tends to Foster (mind you, this is after we've asked a million times to watch a show on TV or play with the iPad and have been told no an equal number of times).

So the other day, after reading a new Fancy Nancy book from the library, we decided to create our own beauty spa. There was a recipe for a banana face mask in the book and it sounded interesting to put bananas on your face...

I was understandably a little hesitant, so Maida went first. She's always been more into this girly stuff than I have.


But she liked it so much I decided to give it a try. Felt cold and gooey and sticky, but it did make my skin as soft as a baby's bottom! We gave Mom a facial, too, but luckily there are no photos of this.


Maida also got her nails painted - I skipped that part



Then our "lazy" Sunday morning was spent organizing our stuffed animals on the stairs, and I asked Mom if I could borrow her camera for a photo shoot.

Look alive, kids!


The funniest part about the series of photos to follow is that I was shouting out to Maida directions, like "Now you're happy!"


"Make a sad face!"


"Now make an angry face!"


"Let's see your best silly face, Mae!"
She did a fantastic job - model material for sure.


Next Maida wanted a turn behind the lens and I did my best model imitation.



Comments

Popular Posts