Cramming it all in...


This past weekend was a busy one, so I'll just give you some highlights.

We had our annual trip to Anderson Farms to pick out our pumpkins for the Halloween season. We go every year right around my birthday, and it is one of our favorite things to do together as a family. Only this year didn't work out so well. We met Mom part-way after her shoot that morning, and none of us realized there was rain (a lot of rain) in the forecast that day, and by the time we got there, it was sprinkling pretty good. But we thought we'd power through.

So we headed in and I got my face painted first, of course.


Fed some goats...


Started raining a little bit harder at this point, but we're still in good spirits, as you can see.


Then since the rain wasn't letting up at all, we decided to head out to the patch for our pumpkins. You can't really tell in the photo, but it was coming down pretty good, though Maida is still smiling so that's all that matters.


It was really muddy, and I kept tripping on the pumpkin vines, but I was determined to find the right pumpkin, rain or not. Well that lasted all of about two minutes before I got too cold, wet and muddy. Let's just say the hay rack ride back was not pleasant. We were the last people to get pumpkins that morning because they closed the pumpkin patch immediately after that.


The rest of the weekend was a much better time ... I went to my first birthday party at Build-A-Bear for my friend Audrey, which was awesome. I chose Buzz LightYear.


I met a horse named Scarlet on a trail by GG and D's house


Did some pumpkin carving with Aunt Sara


Pretty good, huh?!


(Sidenote: Maida is actually getting pretty good at the Strider Bike)


 And then I turned back into a pumpkin


Comments

Popular Posts