Swimsuits and Superman

So given that we move in a little over a month, we've just been hanging out at home a lot, trying to soak up the last moments we have here (Mom is really getting rather sentimental about the whole situation).

The other day, Maida found my swimsuit bottoms (from swimming in the hot tub, which I like to do every afternoon) and thought it'd be funny to put them on her head. She kept doing it over and over, so finally Mom got the camera and took her picture, which seemed to satisfy her need for attention.






I, on the other hand, got a much cooler piece of apparel to show off. 

Here's the deal: I have a "Stay in bed" chart in my room, and I get a sticker every morning that I stay in my bed all night. Well, after 5 stickers, it's reward time. I made it to 5 this week, and all I wanted for my reward was a "superhero" shirt with a cape (my friend at school, Evan, wore one the other day and I've been talking about it nonstop since then). Mom kept telling me she wasn't sure if we'd be able to find one or not, so she didn't want me to get my hopes up. But off we went to Target (because they have everything, right?!), and low and behold, there it was ... in the boys pajama section. A true Superman shirt with a cape. Score. I put it on right then and there in the store and haven't taken it off since.


Only problem is I haven't been able to run fast enough to get my cape to "fly" so I'm still working on that.


Then yesterday was some good old fashioned log rolling down the hill in our yard.



Comments

Popular Posts