Family Fun

We had a fun family vacation up in Winter Park this past week. Mom, Maida, GG and I headed up Wednesday, and so we hit the rec center pool on Thursday. 


Then D and Dad came up later that day. It was so beautiful out, we just lounged on the deck ...

as did the doggies.


 Then we hit the town to rent our skis for the next day. I got these cool sunglasses at the ski shop, too. Only problem was, we accidentally didn't pay for them.


The next morning we headed over to Mary Jane to the Galloping Goose. This is the same place I came with Nathan and his Dad earlier this year, so I was excited to tackle it again. 

Turns out there wasn't near as much snow. Good thing Maida was content to be pulled around on the dirt/snow mix. Sadly she did take another digger face first in the snow, but this time it was on Dad's watch, not Mom's.


I also did not let the lack of snow dampen my spirits. I was suited up and ready to go.


But first a quick family photo op (I think this was take #5 where everyone is actually looking at the camera)


GG and D helped me tackle the flat terrain..


and then Dad and I were off on the hill.


I skied all the way down to some free hot chocolate (ok, that's a lie ... about the skiing all the way down, the hot chocolate really was free)


The next morning we headed back to the Rec Center for some gym time


Not sure when the last time was that Mom was in a foam pit, but it took her a good 10 minutes to climb out.


Jed and Sara had arrived by this point, and we had fun jumping on the trampoline.


Mary Lou Retton eat your heart out.


The rest of our trip was spent relaxing and frequenting the many parks since it was so nice out. 


Riding the gondola, of course


Not sure if Maida is more enamored with the giant bear or the bottle of Coca-cola he's holding.


On our way out of town, we caught a glimpse of several moose by the side of the road. We almost got rear ended, but at least Dad got a picture.


Adios Winter Park!



Comments

Popular Posts