Nebraska - Part Two

My cousins Kaelee and Jaxson were in Lincoln visiting from Kansas City while we were back so we got to hang out a lot, too, which I LOVED.

We played ... hard ... and I did my best to keep up.

Here Jaxson and I are racing across Papa and Grandma's backyard. He's a little bit faster than I am.

Jaxson gets a headstart, and I take a shortcut, but then I get sidetracked
/div>
Then it was bath time, and after that was my first official sleepover with K & J. It started out as expected, with the big kids laughing and giggling, etc. But after about 15 minutes, they were ready for bed, and I was harassing Jaxson to play with me. So much for being the sweet and innocent one.
We're quite the Motley Crew! The only thing missing was Jaxson and Kaelee's twin baby brother and sister, Liam and Tenley. Maybe next time we'll get a pic with all 6 of us

The next day it was off to the Henry Doorly Zoo. This was my first experience at this world renowned Zoo. It is pretty awesome, but holy crap was it busy. Good thing it's about the size of a small town so it could hold everybody. We weren't even able to get on the train, I just had to stand by and ask the conductor to blow the whistle for me (which he did)
Then Kaelee and I were off to find the giraffes
Papa, pull my skirt down!
This wall of water probably elicited the most excitement all day
So after almost 4 hours at the Zoo, I was on the verge of a meltdown when Uncle Garrett saved the day with snow cones. Best. Invention. Ever.
I know you're probably thinking I don't look all that excited about the snow cone in this photo. But trust me, if you saw my face about 5 minutes before this, you would think I look over the moon.

The next shot will prove Mom has no problem sharing embarrassing photos of herself, because this one is definitely not her at her best (or me either for that matter). But it just proves how wiped out we all were after the Zoo - Maida is also passed out to the left of me. Thank God Dad was awake. But not sure how he's taking this photo and driving at the same time??
Here's Papa and Maida Mae having a grand old time together
Then it was time for Maida to meet Great Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell before we headed back to Colorado. Thanks for the great visit, we miss you guys already!
But perhaps the most "eventful" part of the trip was after our flight back. We got to the car and found this lovely sight...needless to say we weren't home by naptime.









Comments

Popular Posts