The City of Fountains

Last weekend we visited my cousins, Kaelee and Jaxson in Kansas City (which is formerly known as the "City of Fountains", per my Dad). From the second we got off the plane, I was instantly enveloped in what can only be described as a sauna. 101 degrees and 150% humidity = HOT. So we wasted no time getting to work in the sprinklers ... fully clothed and all
Then we realized it was even too hot for our clothes, so they came off

Just a hilarious photo

We took turns spraying each other down

And then as you can see, my diaper got overloaded with water and was slowing me down, so that came off too and I was just kickin' it birthday suit-style

Later that night, we had to go "turn the horses out" - I had no idea what this meant, but figured I'd tag along since I'd never seen a race horse up close. Turns out it just means letting them hang out in the pasture overnight.
I tried to get a picture with them, but they were too quick and it was dark and rainy, so I just sat on the fence post to pose (ignore my t-shirt, it was a loaner)
The next day we went to the pool and I went down this slide with Kaelee about 100 times
And then Papa and Grandma Kroll drove down from Lincoln and brought us each our own homemade Gingerbread cookies that were delicious!
Some family photos before having to leave
Picking my nose...classic

Comments

Popular Posts