Yuletide cheer

Let my first Christmas season begin! Mom and Dad told me the day after Thanksgiving (which I spent at my great grandma and grandpa kroll's) is the official start of the holiday season, packed with the annual NU v. CU rival game, which I'm happy to report we WON!So in addition to watching the game (maybe I'll get to go next year?!), Mom and Dad always begin putting up the Christmas decorations, including buying the tree. So off we went to the nursery (different kind of nursery!) down the street to pick out my very first Christmas tree, which Mom and Dad have labeled our "Charlie Brown" tree - it's not the fullest or biggest tree around, but I fell in love with it at first sight, and knew it had to be ours. So we took it home, and that's when the proverbial poo hit the fan.

First, the tree was too tall once it was in the stand, so Dad had to get his saw out and cut off the top (sad, I know). Then, on top of that, since it is a sortof sad "charlie brown" tree, the trunk is pretty skinny and it wouldn't stay up straight in the stand! Mom suggested tying it to the shelves to keep it straight, but Dad quickly shot down that idea. He wasn't about to have his Christmas tree rigged up like that - he was determined to figure out a solution! And that he did, after having to cut off the entire bottom layer of the tree so it would fit down further in the stand (again, sad, I know, this poor tree is getting smaller and smaller by the minute!)

But it all paid off, the tree is now standing tall and straight in our living room and it's looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself - feel free to stop by and see it! My first Christmas is going to be great, I can tell already.
Happy Holidays!
Harper

Comments

Popular Posts