The Fair

Who doesn't love a good fair... funnel cakes, face painting, carnival rides, dust in your mouth/ears/nose? 

I got to experience this classic small town affair last weekend down in Castle Rock, and now I'm hooked. I'm not sure all fairs have an assortment of animals on had, but this particular fair had every kind of animal you could think of from prize winning roosters,


to friendly goats,


to bunnies (one was even named Clark Kent, which was fitting given my t-shirt). Also not pictured were various colored swine, cows, horses, and even some dwarf horses.


There were also sheep, that had the unfortunate fate of participating in the "muttin' bustin'" event where a small child of 5 or 6 hangs on for dear life to the back of the sheep until they eventually fall off. This poor girl didn't make it too far, but A+ for effort.


Next up face painting... I wanted the skull face (seriously, even the little girl in front of us was like, "Really? Why don't you want this cute fairy flower thingy?!" Nope, my child wants a skull). But Mom talked me into the pirate, which I finally got excited about, and the guy "girled" it up for me a bit with some flowers on the bandana (though not necessary in my book).

(Just in case any of you were wondering who my Dad is voting for in November ....)



My mean pirate "aaaaarrrrrr" face 


I said "aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr!"


Maida just liked hanging out on the tractors, cute as a button.


Then FINALLY the carnival rides opened up.. first stop was the airplane.


Next, and arguably the best ride - the "spinny" ride. Mom tried everything she could to get out of going on this with me after she saw it going once, but Maida was not letting go of Dad and I was not letting her off that easy.

Thank god she didn't puke, that would've been embarrassing.


And now the best part... backwards!


Riding off into the sunset.



Comments

Popular Posts