Summer is here

This has been a fun week with lots of quality park time. Monday was Gorilla Park with Celie and Graham. 



Yesterday was a beautiful morning, so we visited the Botanic Gardens. There were some baby goslings that we ran into in the Japanese Garden. 


We didn't hang around them too long. The mom started hissing at us, so we took a quick pic and went on our way

Maida is very well versed in botany. Here she's telling me about the different species of grass, and being the good big sister that I am, I am pretending to be interested.


This is Maida's "cheese" face. The second she sees a camera come out (and even sometimes when she doesn't), she says "cheeeeeeeeee" and wrinkles up her face. I have to admit, it is really cute.


After we got home, Mom said we could play outside for awhile while she got lunch ready. It was actually quiet, so she looked out the window and saw this - a rare moment where no one is screaming. I made up a little ditty with the book. Maida seemed to be enjoying herself, so I went with it.




And today I met up with my buddies Nathan and Asher at the Butterfly Pavilion. Here we are looking at the horseshoe crab that none of us wanted to touch.


Jacob, always the gentleman


Nathan and I watched some butterflies have a snack


All six kiddos looking...sortof. From L to R, Asher, Ford, Jacob, Mae (cheeeeese!), me and Nathan


Maida and I attempting the suspension bridge


And the best part of all, a spider web made of rope. My new spiderman socks came in handy here.


Wow, it's been a long week. Time for nap .. on the floor


Comments

Popular Posts