Horses, camels and sprinklers

Not sure I can think of a better combination myself. And that is just what I got during my trip back to Nebraska last week. As with all my trips back, we did way too much fun stuff to cover in one post, so this will be two-part series.

Our first couple days were spent at Papa's house and the highlight of that was our trip to the Zoo. 

First we hit up the train (which takes you around the perimeter of the Zoo not once, but twice. You really get your money's worth in Nebraska!)

Next up I waited patiently in line to ride my very first horse. Some of you might be confused by this because there have been previous postings at the pumpkin patch of me riding a horse. But you would be wrong because that was, in fact, a donkey.

One thing I have to point out in this photo are my new Spidey shoes. They were a gift from my Mom's friend, Danielle, and she has officially become my favorite "aunt." I sleep in these things I love them so much.


Dandy and I meet for the first time and become fast friends.


So giddy! Giddy... Giddy-up...get it?!


 Maida decided to play it safe with the goats.


Next animal to ride was a camel, but I was too young to go by myself so Papa joined me.


Thankfully he didn't spit as I'm told camels can do. The horse was still my favorite


Our next couple days were spent with Mimi, Grandpa and Uncle Matt. It never fails, the second we get there, they're ready for us with the riding toys :) This go-kart-like contraption was a new find Grandpa fixed up for me.


Maida stuck with the firetruck and Uncle Matt took the tractor.


Cheese with Mimi!


Maida helped push me up the hill to the fire so I could put it out...


with the little baby boy stashed in the seat (yes, I am making a "ppshhhhhhhhhhh" sound with the baby who's "spraying" the fire.


Stay tuned for the sprinkler portion of the trip - there's a hilarious photo of Dad you don't want to miss!

Comments

Popular Posts