Winter Park, Take 2

Back to our Winter Park expedition, there was some movie time (Bolt is my new favorite movie)


Maida and Jacob made some music together in the bath (with their matching rosy cheeks)



And we enjoyed some "hot bath tub" time of our own-  this was my first experience in a hot tub, even though we have right in our backyard. After I got used to the heat, I became a fan, so Dad's been tasked with getting ours up and running again.


And then on to some real sledding at a hill near Nathan's cabin. Maida was even having a blast until the second Mom snapped this picture - she went face first in the snow and was not a happy camper.


Nathan and his Dad were quite the daredevils going down head first

As you can probably guess, Dad and I took it pretty easy


The Zorn Family

Beautiful sunset - time to head home



Oh wait, our car was completely stuck - I realize it's hard to understand how, looking at this photo, this huge 4-wheel drive car was stuck in the snow. But I assure you it was. Lisa had already left with Jacob to get dinner started, so Mom had to hike it up to the house (she quickly realized it would take her forever, and she could barely breath after trying to run, so she hitchhiked a ride the rest of the way).



So back she came with a car to pick up us kids and shovels for the Dad's to start digging. I will make this quick so as to not rub it in, but basically Mom ended up getting the car out with the Dad's standing on the back for extra weight (ok, maybe the weight helped a bit). Our car has since gotten new tires.

The next morning, we were all up bright and early, and we found Maida and Jacob playing a fierce game of foosball


Then it was off for my first real skiing experience at Mary Jane! Since Dad doesn't ski, Nathan's Daddy took me on my first run, and I loved it.


Then Dad decided to borrow his skis and give it a go - not sure if he did much better than me, but we both survived and had fun! Can't wait to do it again!



Comments

Popular Posts