Move over Julia Child + Maida turns 10 months

This year we decided to make a day out of baking some cookies for the holidays, so we packed up and headed down to GG and D's for the day (she has a bigger kitchen and two ovens = easier cookie baking)

We had another snow storm that day, so I wasted no time taking advantage of being in the woods with the snow


While Maida hung out inside with Mom and D


Coincidentally, it was Maida's 10 month birthday, and since we forgot to take pictures with Greenie before we left, we took some here - I guess all the panda's D found will have to do (why they have so many pandas, we still don't know).

That Maida is one happy girl...maybe too happy if you ask me.


Here she is doing the "throw it in the oven" part of Pat-a-cake




And it's been awhile since we did a comparison..here I am at 10 months. Is it just me, or does Maida look like she spent a week on the beach in Mexico?


 And now back to the holiday treats...first we tackled the Gingerbread house. For those of you keeping track, this didn't turn out very well for us last year.

But I think we might be turning over a new leaf...I really still just like to eat the candies, though.


Contemplating my next move


It goes right here, GG.


All done - success!


The next morning we got up and baked some more - here I am taking the dough out to the garage to chill

There were tons of deer outside trying to get a peek at the cookies


Now I'm starting to mix the next batch, and I soon realized my favorite thing to do...


eat the dough, of course.

Aunt Sara came down, as well, and good thing because she's the Betty Crocker of the bunch.

Just a little more flour right here, Sara.



Concentrating really hard on perfecting my ball rolling



 Next up, chocolate bars


If you're wondering what Maida was doing all this time, well, this picture tells the whole story. She was crawling around on the floor. Every once awhile she'd find a stray piece of something that would inevitably find its way in her mouth.


Santa even stopped by for a visit - love that big guy!


Comments

Popular Posts