Let the holiday season begin!

Better get those christmas lights out and start checking every bulb...it's officially here!

In the meantime, I thought I'd tell you how I  week GG and D invited me to come down with them to Castle Rock for the big Star Lighting ceremony on top of the rock (hence the name...Castle Rock). It's apparently the big kickoff to the Christmas season, so I didn't want to miss it. Mom, Dad and Maida sat this one out at home.

There was some big guy dressed up like Uncle Same (at least I think that's who he was supposed to be, though not sure what he has to do with Christmas??)


There were carriage rides


And a petting zoo...


with a donkey, of course.


Apparently Grandpa D thought I looked funny standing here trying to stay warm.



And then later the big finale with the Star (it's much bigger in person) and even some fireworks.


Unfortunately we got there too late to see Santa, but I'm certain I'll be seeing him soon. 

I just got back from Lincoln yesterday where we spent Thanksgiving, so I'll be sharing the highlights from that trip soon!

Comments

Popular Posts