New girl in town

It's been a busy week ... that's right, there's a new girl in town. No, Mom did not have another baby (god help us - kidding, Mom, really ... you could handle it, I swear). My Aunt Gabe was actually the one having the baby this time, and it was a girl despite everyone's thoughts to the contrary (even mine!).

Sayler Leigh arrived one week ago yesterday, and she is adorable. We were all a little surprised it was a girl. In fact, when I woke up from my nap the day she was born, and Mom told me I had a little cousin (and that she was a she), I started to cry because I wanted a boy. True story. But I've met Sayler a couple times now, and I'm happy to say that I no longer wish she was a boy. She's too cute to be a boy anyway.

Mom and Maida went to visit Sayler in the hospital while I was at school. Dad had pneumonia last week so he was banned from visiting for awhile.




Maida just told Mimi a funny joke about a priest in a bar.


Maida is still laughing at her own joke.


Now she's just being cute


Mimi even got to stay with us while Aunt Gabe and Uncle Jace were in the hospital with Sayler, it was great!



Then finally it my turn to meet my newest cousin


I can take it from here, Mimi, I've got this baby thing down.



In other exciting news, Maida is finally getting her first tooth. Mom tried to get a picture of it, but it's barely popped through, so I don't even think you can see it with the naked eye yet. And besides, her tongue got in the way. But she's cute, so we'll show you the picture anyway.



Comments

Popular Posts