Date Night + Basketball = Awesome

As I mentioned, Dad and I had our first official "date night" last week. He called Mom Thursday afternoon (I overheard the conversation during my nap) and said he'd come across two tickets to the DU Pioneers Basketball game that night at 7p and wanted to take me. I typically go to bed between 7:30-8p, so I'm pretty sure her first response was "too late..not gonna happen" and my dreams were shattered.

But then it was like a miracle occurred...she called Dad back a few minutes later and said, "You know what, I think that'd be fun for you two to go to the basketball game together. Who cares if she goes to bed late!" I've never been so proud of Mom as I was in that moment.

So off Dad and I went to my first college basketball game! Dad was so excited, he even stopped at the DU bookstore and got us T-shirts for the game (I'm not making this up - here's a glimpse).
First was the warm-up. I made sure I was courtside to get a good look at the players and their potential. Notice how many empty seats there are...hence why I'm probably able to hang out right next to the court.
I also did my fair share of dancing during the breaks
This nice gentleman liked my moves, so I stopped to chat him up a bit
Time for a break ... and ice cream
Dad said for our next date we're taking a step up and going to an Avs Hockey Game. Apparently they're a little bit more popular.

Comments

Unknown said…
Too cute! We went to a DU basketball game and Nathan was in awe of the band...go figure!@

Popular Posts