Cookies and Gingerbread houses and all things Christmas

So the deal is Dad works really hard and is gone traveling a lot, and then he's around a lot more the last couple weeks of the year, which is a nice change. Mom usually has appointments or other important stuff going on during this time, so Dad and I get to spend a lot of QT together.

And for those of you who know my father (or have seen our house lately), you know he's the Clark Griswald of Christmas (just last night, he requested I only refer to him as "Sparky" for the rest of the year), so this week, we did a lot of the traditional Christmas events.

...such as baking Christmas cookies. I rolled out the dough, and Dad helped me use the cookie cutters

Then I tried to wait patiently while they cooked

Our next event in the spirit of Christmas was to build a Gingerbread House together. I think we all thought this one would turn out differently.

We had a bit of a hard time getting the pieces to stick together, so I decided to sit back and supervise while Dad worked on it. I overheard talk that we may skip this next year, but I'll have none of that, as I thoroughly enjoyed watching Dad struggle while I ate the candy decorations.

Just putting on the finishing touches
Maybe not the best or fanciest Gingerbread House ever made, but I think Hansel and Gretel would still be proud.
Off for some last minute shopping, but before I bid you farewell, I'd like to send lots of Christmas love to my family and friends near and far!!

Or as Dora would say..."Feliz Navidad!"



Comments

Popular Posts