Trick-or-Treated out!

Happy belated Halloween!
For those of you that don't know, I dressed up as a kitty cat for Halloween this year (definitely a step up from the dumb jalapeno pepper costume Mom got me last year - I included a photo to refresh your memory).
The halloween extravaganza began early in the week at my music class where I was told kitty's can shake their maracas till their little heart's content...so that's what I did.
Then later in the week some friends and I had a halloween parade at a local assisted living facility. I'd never seen so many old people in one place, but they were all really nice and gave us lots of candy, so they're all cool in my book.
There were some great costumes to be had - mostly little animals like me, but the coolest one had to be this kid's trash truck. Why didn't I think of that?!
Then on Halloween morning, Mom and I met Grandma down at the Wildlife Experience for some more indoor trick-or-treating...
We walked through a spooky graveyard...
..stood in what was apparently supposed to be a butterfly cocoon
(I thought it kinda sucked personally)...
..and even met Elmo for the first time, who scared the living poop out of me!Then later in the day it was Boo at the Zoo with my girl, Celie the Elephant - we are having SO much fun - can't you tell?? FYI - this is now the 5th time I've worn this #&*($@! costume.
This picture is just to show that I still have a Dad and he was there, too!
Finally, later on that night we got to do some REAL trick-or-treating. Celie and I and my friends Charlotte and Caleb across the street headed a few blocks away where we heard the trick-or-treating is out of this world...they close down the street, every house is decorated and people just stand outside handing out candy - it's like one big party. It sounded too good to be true, but my sources don't lie. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before (which isn't saying much, but Mom and Dad said the same thing, too, and since they're really old, I figured it must be pretty special).

We went around one block, and then I got tired and hopped in the wagon with Charlotte (she was a lounging Flamingo :) I kept myself busy by trying to eat a Tootsie Pop - never was able to get the dumb wrapper off.
Then we headed home and waited for our own trick-or-treaters to come, but they never did, sadly. We think it's because we live so close to the "Fax" (that's Colfax St. for you out-of-towners), and it just scares them away. Guess nobody can get past the fact that it used to be full of drug deals and hookers on any given night. So Mom and I posed for one last picture on this eventful Halloween, and off to bed I went.





Comments

Popular Posts