Surprises and scotch

I recently got to go to my first surprise 30th birthday party. It was for a family friend, Brandon, and boy was he surprised. Not as much for his party, but surprised to see me there since this was our first official meeting (ok, that's a lie, he was really surprised about the birthday party - why can't it always be about me?!)

Brandon and Becky's nieces, Kayelyn and Briley also came in town with their Mom, Melissa, all the way from Texas. Here I am with Grandpa, Kayelyn and her Grandpa John. Kayelyn was in the NICU after she was born for quite awhile, but thankfully she's all better now and is a big, happy 9 month old, as you can see. 
Grandpa also decided this was the night to give me my first taste of scotch, or whiskey, or whatever the crap was he was drinking. It's ok, no need to call CPS, Mom wouldn't let me have a sip, no matter how funny Grandpa thought it was.
And notice how I look like I'm glowing? Dad said it was a ghost (he's such a scaredy cat), but in reality there was just a smudge on Mom's camera lens. 

And here's me passed out in my bed after that (well, not really, but it goes with the story). Actually, this was just this afternoon...Mom put me down for a nap, came in 15 minutes later, and this is what she found. Animals strewn about, one sock on, one off, thumb in my mouth and flipped around 180 degrees. I can't wait until I can walk, they're so in for it...








Comments

Popular Posts