Love is in the air

So let me tell you how Mom, Dad and I celebrated my first Valentine's Day. I got all decked out in my special V-day outfit (courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa Gonnion :), and we were off to the Nature and Science museum to see a new exhibit, "Nature Unleashed." It was pretty cool, though I have no reference for natural disasters as of yet, unless you're referring to the ones that happen in my pants.

Then later that night, we had our Valentine's Day dinner at our local pizza joint we love so much called Oblio's. The place wasn't very busy (apparently some people like to get all dressed up and leave the kiddos at home for a nice Valentine's Day dinner - sheesh!), but it was perfect for us. I got to watch basketball with Dad just like I get to at home, which was pretty cool...see how intrigued we both are with the game (the University of Omaha Mav's were even playing and they beat Truman State - go ahead and test me on my stats...do you KNOW who my Dad is?)

After dinner, we stopped by my friend Celie's house and hung out for a bit, drank some milk, spit up...you know, typical Saturday evening. Here we are joking with each other about how silly our Mom's are when they try and get us to hold hands. 

I've got a big couple weeks coming up...Grandpa Kroll is coming in town to visit me this weekend and he's going to take me to the Brew Hut and show me how he makes his award winning beers. Then I'm off for my first trip to the Colorado mountains (Steamboat, to be precise) next weekend with Grandma and Grandpa G and Aunt Sara to celebrate Mom and Dad's birthdays (they're going to be 30...I know, I can't believe they're that old either).

Until next time...stay sweet
HCK



Comments

Melissa said…
Kayelyn had the same outfit :)

Popular Posts