Grandpa Kroll to the rescue


Grandpa Kroll (or Papa, as he likes to be called :) came to visit me last weekend. It was really good to see him, it had been about 2 1/2 months, so you can imagine his surprise at how much I had changed. I think his exact words were "Holy crap, this kid's huge!" Well, thanks Papa :)

Grandpa Kroll brews beer in his basement - no not out of one of those little plastic kegs that anyone can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond. He's the real deal, has the big steel tanks and everything. He's even won awards for his beer - this is serious stuff! His dream is to open his own little brewery in good ole' Lincoln, Nebraska. And then Dad wants to franchise it and have his own bar out here, too. Maybe by the time I'm 21 they'll have it all figured out.

So anyway, Papa took me, Mom and Dad and Aunt Gabe and Uncle Jace to the Brewhut out here where he gets all of his supplies and I hung out while they all sampled what was on tap for the day. Yep, I was the "baby in the bar" - that's us at the Brewhut in the picture above - I was sticking my tongue out for the camera because I thought it was so ridiculous Mom and Dad were making me hang out there. But I got over it. Just to show there's no hard feelings, I've included a pic of Dad and I.

Tomorrow is Mom's 30th Birthday, and we're headed up to Steamboat tonight for the weekend to celebrate. I'm really looking forward to my first trip the mountains. Stay tuned for all the highlights next week.

Comments

Popular Posts