Some quality mountain time

We spent the last weekend in Winter Park with the Zorns, and I had my first official ski lesson. I did so well, I skipped Level 2 and am moving straight up to Level 3.


Nathan, on the other hand, is a Level 6. The kid skis blacks - no joke.


We also celebrated Maida's birthday a little early with the crew because their cousin's birthday falls on the same day as Maida's party. 


There were even fireworks that night, all in honor of Maida turning 3. In reality, they were for Mary Jane's birthday. Who is Mary Jane, you ask? You must not be from Colorado.


The next day we got some sledding in before we had to head home. This was a serious sledding hill.


Lisa and Emma sat back and watched (we couldn't help but think she looked like the kid from 'A Christmas Story'. What..you've never heard of that movie? You must be too young to be reading this blog.)


I took things a little slow at first and slid down on my booty



Then it was time to get serious and catch some serious air.


The six ... I mean, five of us (the one time during the weekend that Foster actually napped)


Mom and Lisa


Then Maida and I took a turn together. Of course this ride ended in tears.




Comments

Popular Posts