The Tree

This year we decided to do what we should've done years ago living in this beautiful state of Colorado ... we decided to go into the woods and cut down our Christmas Tree. 

We stayed up in Red Feather with some of Mom and Dad's friends, and my friend Maddy. And if anyone asks, the highlight of my weekend wasn't the sleigh ride - turned wagon ride due to the lack of snow, or hunting with Dad deep in the forest for our perfect Christmas Tree, or the hot cocoa and cookies. It was the bunk bed, and the fact that I got to sleep on top.

Ok, I'm ready for this wagon ride ... in the 25 mph wind.


On our way




Amy, Robb and my friend Maddy


Starting our forest adventure


Dad thinks he's found the one, but Mom has to climb up to approve.


While Maida waits with Maddy in what little snow they have left there


Yep, this is the one! I got to help Dad cut it down


Then it was crafts, hot cocoa and cookie time




Back at home, we work on decorating the tree while Dad pretends to help but really watches football instead


Don't try this at home kids


Gotta love that girl's bed head


Ta da!


Mom also put together our own advent calendar on a bare wall in the dining room, so we get to open a new envelope everyday with a little surprise inside. So far we've had stickers, xmas kleenex (I didn't really get that one, either), bracelets and pencils



Comments

Popular Posts