Fancy Schmancy

This weekend was packed full of holiday happenings...on Saturday, we got all jazzed up and went to the Brown Palace to have lunch with Santa and his dancing elves. This year GG and D came along which was fun!

We just sat down, and I was immediately served a cup of hot cocoa, hence my mustache


This year was much more enjoyable as it wasn't nearly as crowded, so we decided first things first, let's go see the Big Man! I had my list all ready to go - you may not be able to see, but on the top of my list is "googly goo." I have no idea what it is either, but it's in one of my Berenstain Bears books, and it sounds cool


Maida told Santa she wanted a beard just like his


After some lunch, it was time to decorate cookies, of course


and enjoy more hot cocoa, this time with a candy cane


Looks like Maida got her hands on one ... or four


Santa even came around and said hi to us at our table


Then it was time to boogy ... I led the charge in the train around the room along with this jazzy elf


While Maida brought up the caboose




Merry Christmas!


I also hosted a holiday art party at our house on Sunday with 10 of my closest friends. We had a great time running around, doing an art project and eating cookies. More to come on that soon...we are headed up to the mountains later this week for some R&R, and to enjoy some snow since it looks like we aren't going to get any here in town!

Comments

Popular Posts