A Real Firetruck encounter

I know it's only Tuesday, but there's already so much to talk about, I don't quite know where to start. So I guess I'll start with the coolest part, which was this:


Yes, that is me in an actual Denver Fire Truck, talking to an actual firefighter. I know what you're thinking ... I've been in a fire truck before, so what's the big deal?? Well, this fire truck was on duty, parked right outside the dance studio. So when we came out this morning after Maida's class (yes, Maida has started dance, but she has yet to perform well enough to warrant a photo - but it's coming!), I was awestruck. And then all the firefighters walked out of Starbucks and I lost my ability to talk. So Mom did the talking for me, but she didn't even really have to ask because this nice fireman (or rather firewoman!) came up to me and asked if I'd like to see the truck. I blurted out that I was a fireman for Halloween, and I think she was impressed.

So cool! This is where they will sit after they finish their coffee!



 And then Firewoman Trish gave Maida and I some badges. I asked if I could just ride along with them for the rest of the day, but Mom said no. But in reality, I did actually tell her I would see her at Thanksgiving time, and then I continued to stalk them while we were having our snack.





It was also dentist time this morning, and in addition to getting my teeth cleaned, Maida was also visiting the dentist for the first time. I told her they were just going to count her teeth - no biggy. 


But she was so good (because I was laying next to her, of course) that she got the full cleaning. Nice job, Mae.


Other than that, we've just been taking it easy



Comments

Popular Posts