Rainy Day Break

I know we need to finish our Crested Butte trip update, but I just had to share our rainy day pic from this weekend. It's been so hot around here, we almost forgot what it was like to have a lazy rainy day. We technically didn't get a rainy "day" since it didn't start raining until late Saturday afternoon, but we'll take what we can get! So that night, we lounged on the couch (I clearly am more comfortable shirtless), played some games, and watched some TV. Exactly what should be done on a rainy day/night. I just wish we had these more often!


Back to Crested Butte...the next day was spent at a creek bed where we played and had some lunch






Fun times!


Later that day, after an early dinner at the local pizzeria, we stopped by the ice cream shop and had what can only be described as the best ice cream ever. Highlights included salted caramel, goat cheese & cherry, and apricot. But the chocolate was the best, as you can see by my face.


The next morning we headed to the local fire station for the pancake breakfast. Maida and I ate more pancakes than Mom and Dad combined. 


After we finished our pancakes, we went outside to get in line for the lift ride. I wasn't scared at all, but I'm not sure Mom could say the same thing. It was pretty high, I'll give her that.



Maida hanging out in the firetruck


The rest of the day was spent at the parade and playing at the park. It was a good day.


We tried posing for some more pictures, but Maida was too busy screaming at the parade folk to throw more candy


Last, but not least, Maida and Mom at Kenosha Pass on our drive home. 
I love Colorado!


Next up, Mimi's visit this weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts