The Farm

As some of you may know, I have five cousins, two of whom are older than me and that I am obsessed with. Their names are Jaxson and Kaelee and they live in Kansas City on a farm. Last weekend we went to visit them (along with their baby brother and sister, Liam and Tenley and Aunt Lynn and Uncle Garrett - but really, let's be honest, I was there to see J & K). 

I had the time of my life. Maybe I'm really a farm girl at heart and this city stuff is for the birds....? 


Mom forgot to pack our swimsuits (only God knows how?!), but luckily Kaelee had one I could borrow. Most of my days were spent in that leopard print suit swinging and jumping on the trampoline. Maida preferred the horse tire swing.




Mom said to do your favorite super hero pose ... interesting choices.


When asked what my favorite part of our trip was, I'm sure to say this water park. It had an awesome playground



a lazy river


and two huge slides, though I failed to make the 42" mark, so I couldn't go down. But Jaxson and Kaelee had a blast on them!


The next morning was more running around the barn and watching the horses


Jaxson is an expert when it comes to the barn and the horses, so he showed me the ropes.


I also got a "ride" on the forklift of the tractor. I was too scared to do it by myself (never having seen one of these close up before, I had no idea what I was in for!), so Mom rode along. Turns out it wasn't scary at all. Perhaps not the safest thing in the world, but whatever!


Maida was antsy for her turn, and probably would've hopped right on by herself if Mom had let her.


True love at its finest.


Stay tuned for more from the last part of our trip - I rode my first REAL horse (not a donkey or a tired, old horse that's been retired to the Lincoln Zoo, though they're nice, too).



Comments

Popular Posts