The Stars

Today was a pretty fun day (except for the last 30 minutes, but we won't go into detail about that).
So if you know me at all, you probably know I LOVE Fancy Nancy. She's this little girl who likes to dress up in fancy clothes and use fancy words. Well, one of her books is all about the stars and planets and her visit to the Planetarium. Surprisingly, we have a planetarium not 5 minutes from our house, but I've never been in it. Well that ended today. I met my friend Nathan there and we hit up the planetarium with our friends Big Bird and Elmo. We found the Big Dipper and the North Star and visited the moon. It was great.


Meanwhile, Maida hung out with Nathan's little brother Jacob and their Mom in the space zone (she also has this great app that let's you add text)



So a little sidenote on Maida....this girl is a spitfire. GG says Maida has Mom's personality when she was little. Translation: better prepare yourselves. She must've meant one of several of these traits Maida embodies at the moment: ornery, impatient, always wants her way (and makes it very apparent to all within a 30 foot radius if she does not get it), dramatic - do I need to keep going? While yes, I think this could be describing many 13 month olds, it seems especially true for this one. 

This is Maida the other night when Mom told her she couldn't play on the stairs at our friend's house. Mom made Dad capture it on camera because it's classic Maida. 



But that being said, she is really very loving (when she's not screaming at me) and too stinkin' cute for words, even with raspberries smeared all over her face, so I think the decision is to keep her. 


Comments

Popular Posts