Winter Park, Part 1

Yes, I know a post is well overdue, but we've been ... wait for it ... SICK on and off for basically two weeks. This past weekend we were all healthy enough to join my friend Nathan and his family up at their cabin in Winter Park. We (Maida, Mom and I) drove up on Thursday morning with Nathan, his brother Jacob and their mom Lisa so we could miss the snow. The Dad's came up Friday night after work. So since it was a long trip, I'll be spreading it out over a couple posts (mainly because I think Mom is tired and wants to go to bed ASAP).

Thursday after we got up to the cabin was just spent relaxing, taking some naps, and getting my butt kicked at foosball


Friday morning it was cold and snowing outside so we laid around in our pajamas for awhile (a long while, considering we all woke up at 5:30am).


After Maida and Jacob went down for a nap, we bundled up and headed out into the snow. I tried to catch some snowflakes on my tongue


Then Nathan and I climbed a big hill of snow all by ourselves


And did a little sledding and "skiing" (I'm using this term very loosely)



I'm trying to smile, it's a little hard with these goggles on


By this point we were pooped!


Time to head inside for some hot cocoa and marshmallows, or a lot of marshmallows and a little bit of hot cocoa. 


More to come, including some real skiing, and digging out a stuck car...

Comments

Popular Posts