Telluride - Part 1

This past weekend was yet another trip (I know, you'd think we were trying to break some sort of record). This time we stayed a little closer to home - if you call a 7 hour drive close - and went to Telluride.

No surprise that barely over an hour into the car ride, I got sick. Though lucky for Mom and Dad, we were right near a grocery store, so they were able to clean me up fairly quickly, feed Maida and get right back on the road. No harm, no foul.

Telluride is absolutely beautiful, and for those of you who've never been, you definitely need to go at least once. It actually rained a lot while we were there, which explains why everything was so green and wildflowers were abundant. So what did I do, but pick them of course.
And offer them to my little sis (check out my pointed toe pose). It wasn't until after this photo that we found out picking wildflowers in National Parks (which apparently we were in) is illegal. Oh well. Add it to my RAP sheet.
I tried fishing for some trout with Dad and D. You'd think from the looks of this photo that we got lucky and caught something, but you'd be mistaken.
Amazing view ... though I don't know the name of this peak.
Our place was great, and during the afternoons when it was raining, Maida and I did some relaxing.
By far my favorite part of the trip, though, was riding the gondola. This was my first trip up to the top of the mountain.
Don't worry, we only cover Maida up like that when we want her to go to sleep.
Snacktime ... and not a bad view to go along with it.
Mom wanted to get a family photo, but what she didn't realize was that I was not into it, and you can't even see Maida anyway.
Headed down the mountain for our 2 1/2 mile hike! Sadly there aren't too many more photos of our hiking adventure. It was rather rocky and Mom and Dad both had their hands full with carrying Maida and I.
Stay tuned for some more vacation photos (mostly on the gondola).





Comments

Popular Posts