Sweet home Chicago

Yes, I know I live in Denver, but I don't think I'd mind living in Chicago someday. This place is awesome.

I got to eat pizza with my friend Finley..
Then the next day I took my first train ride (they call it the "L" for all you non-Chicagoans) to tour the Willis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower. For some unknown reason, Mom thought this would be a fun thing to do with us kids. She was grossly mistaken.
This is as far out on the "observation deck" as I was willing to go.
This is just prior to the train ride home. We have all about had it and are now letting Mom know was a poor idea we thought this was. Notice Patrick is the only one grinning in this picture ... he can't help but laugh at the hilariousness of our tantrums. Nice, Paddy...real nice.

Later that day was much better (after a much needed nap) ... my first CUBS game at Wrigley Field! And they won their seventh game in a row (pretty sure that never happens anymore, so I could only deduce that I was their lucky charm).
Notice Dad behind Jill and I, he's in heaven...
and so is Finley with her pretzel and mustard.
These drum players outside the stadium were so cool. One guy even offered to let me play. I told him no thanks, I didn't want to show him up on his own stage.
Later that night it was party time (for kids and adults alike). Finley and Mabel's awesome nanny, Stacey (who plays a mean air guitar), was staying the night with us while all the adults went out to do god-knows-what. We got our party started early in the kitchen.
Apparently this is what the adults do when they go out at night - sing 'Jack & Diane' at some dive karaoke bar.

What can I say...like father, like daughter.
Cheese!
The next day, we took a water taxi to Navy Pier to ride the carousel and the train. I borderline started to get seasick, but I pulled it together.
Maida loved it!
On our last day, we walked over to the Shedd Aquarium right by Finley and Mabel's house. It was so cool, they had a submarine to play in...
...neon jellyfish...
...and turtles to sit and have a snack on. Oh, and a 4D Dora movie (not pictured) that might have been the best thing ever. I almost missed it because I was petrified in the movie theatre until they started the actual movie. Though if you ask me, I'll tell you I was "just a little scared."
Family photo op (sortof) outside the aquarium
We ended our trip with some pool time, which I'm always a big fan of.
Mabel modeled some super sweet shades.
And Finley showed me how to do the back float.
All in all, a successful family vacation! Thanks for having us and we can't wait to come back (though we'll let you recover from this visit first)!





Comments

Popular Posts