90 Birthday Candles and Maida's 6 month

So Great Grandpa Kroll's 90th birthday coincided almost exactly with Maida's 6 month birthday. The good news was a lot of family came in town for his big 90th birthday party. Papa and Grandma were here, and my cousins and Aunt and Uncle drove all the way from Kansas City, too, it was awesome.

I got the help feed Tenley ... she already has a big sister, but I thought I'd pitch in and help anyway
While Maida got the enjoy a beer with Uncle Garrett. Funny thing is, we all figured this particular brand (Busch Light) might be her first beer in college (ok, maybe high school)
Then it was on to the party...Happy Birthday, Grandpa!
Dad, Maida, Uncle Garrett, Aunt Lynn and Liam just chillin' at Grandpa's party
Kaelee and I drawing
Of course the cake was the highlight with us kids, as you can tell, we are patiently waiting for him to blow out the candles
First ever Kroll/Smith/Buglewicz family photo with all 6 (soon-to-be 7!) kids. It was hot, hence all the naked babies.
That night, Kaelee and Jaxson came to our place to have a sleepover in our backyard. Dad put up the tent and everything. It was all going so well until it was time to go to sleep. I threw a fit and wanted to go inside. I never claimed to be an outdoorsy girl.
I LOVE my cousins
Then Monday was Maida's 6 month birthday. Hard to believe this chunk used to be a teeny little baby 6 months ago, but it's true.
Now if her head would just catch up with her body!
She is into grabbing and flinging these days, so Greenie got to experience this firsthand
And of course, everything goes in the mouth (no teeth yet)
Friends again
Sometimes I like to get in bed with Maida (actually, this is the first time Mom has ever let me do this, I was as shocked as you are, but it was fun!)
Off to the Windy City this weekend to visit friends and attend my first Cubs game at Wrigley Field! Check back next week for the highlights, which hopefully do not include any screaming or puking on the plane, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you.



Comments

Popular Posts