God Bless America...I mean, Maida

Last Sunday was Maida's baptism, so I thought I'd share some highlights from the day:

Yes, Mom is about to cry. Someone please help her pull it together
Dad admiring Maida...with spit-up on his suit
I'm trying to figure out what the heck Pastor John is talking about. Somehow I don't think these things are geared towards 2-year-olds, because my patience is wearing preeeeetttty thin.
And as if all this attention on Maida isn't enough, they broadcast her (HUGE) picture on the screen. A bit of overkill if you ask me. Pretty sure that kid on the bottom agrees with me
Pastor John getting ready to do the blessing
And Maida trying to eat his hand
Back at the house for brunch, Celie and I wasted no time digging into the goodies. Let's just put it this way, good thing Mom got a picture of Maida's cake beforehand because it now says "Happy Baptism Mid"
Some photos of family and friends (though not everyone is pictured - nice job, Mom!):

GG & D :)
Brandon, Becky and Hudson were able to come, too!
Aunt Gabe and Uncle Jace (and I can now share the good news that I'm going to have another new cousin this fall - Aunt Gabe is with child! :)
Aunt Sara (NOT with child, unless you count Maida :)

Comments

Popular Posts