Mountain Girl


We spent the 4th of July weekend in Crested Butte with some friends (and neighbors) from across the street, The Ridges. We had a great time, so I thought I'd share some of our adventures with you.

Here we are starting our first hike up to Judd Falls. I'm not digging
the hiking at this point, even though I'm just lounging on Dad's back and he's doing all the work.
Mid-hike family photo op

Judd Falls at the top of the hike

We took a rest to have a snack, it was an absolutely beautiful view

After our hike, we stopped by the stream to have lunch and throw rocks ... good times!

The Dad's and the Girls (that's Jerod and Charlotte)

This is a typical morning shot, Caleb watching cartoons and me sitting right next to him (or sometimes on top of him). He was a good sport, but I think he got a little tired of me after awhile. I know ... how is that possible??

While we lounged around that morning, Dad and Jerod went on their 2nd mountain biking expedition (FYI - this was Dad's 2nd experience mtn biking ever), and word is it was pretty intense. I thought I'd share of few of their photos just to prove he actually did it.

Dad climbing the last hill to the top...

He made it, I think he could barely stand, but he made it

Then we all met up for the 4th of July Parade through Main Street. I enjoyed the view on Mom's shoulders ... best seat in the house!

Dad just couldn't resist a photo with me on the Gunnison County Republicans Float. Grandpa G. would be proud and Papa Kroll would probably just roll his eyes.

This might be my best picture of the whole weekend. Caleb had this brilliant idea to lay out all our blankets on the floor and have a picnic inside. He somehow got Charlotte and I to sit down on our respective blankets, and then we all said "CHEESE" for the camera!
Before dinner, we strolled around at the bottom of the mountain. They had a rock climbing wall, putt putt golf and trampolines... all of which I'm too small for, so I just hung out with this bear instead.
The next morning before we packed up to head home...notice I'm right next to Caleb again
And this is the view from the top of Cottonwood Pass on our way home. This Pass is only open in the summer months because it's partially dirt roads...it was a BEAUTIFUL drive, though lucky for Mom and Dad, I slept a good portion of it.

Happy 4th everyone!



Comments

Popular Posts