My first camping trip


This past weekend marked another big milestone for me...no, I didn't go rollerblading for the first time, I went on my first camping trip! Sadly we don't have a ton of photos because Mom wasn't feeling well most of the time (and Dad doesn't take many photos), but here's a few to prove I was actually in the wilderness.

First thing I wanted to do when we got there was hang out in the car and "drive" while they set up the campsite. This is seriously one of my favorite things to do
Next we played in the River. The water was FREEZING but I didn't seem to mind. Sadie even let me ride on her back for awhile
I also hung out in this spot with D and GG quite a bit. It was about the only shade we had, so we read books and GG sang me songs that were driving everyone nuts by the end of the weekend
Next up was a hike with Mom and Dad. By this point (late afternoon on Saturday), I hadn't napped in two days and was completely exhausted, but would not nap in the tent (it was too hot, geez!!). So I wasn't super stoked about the hike, but I went along with it just to appease them.
After about 5 minutes, I could barely keep my eyes open

And 7 minutes later, lights out. But I really only needed a power nap, I was up 15 minutes later ready to party. Dad and I even got a picture with our matching "toots" (aka, drinks)

By our last morning, I was sortof camped out and kept saying "Home, Home!" So I waited patiently for them to pack everything up

But after an hour, I'd had enough...enough wilderness, enough sunscreen, enough bugs, enough sun. So I found a shady spot and laid down.
Oh, and Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Comments

Popular Posts