Graduation time

Last weekend my Uncle Matt (or "Map" as I like to call him) graduated from High School in Lincoln, Nebraska, and we flew back to help him commemorate this special occasion. But the first thing I did when I got there was hang out with Koda on the deck ... we hadn't seen in other in awhile (and let's face it, we were both babies then, so we don't even really remember). She has quite a bit more energy than my doggies, so that took some getting used to, but I think we're going to be good friends.

Then it was time for the party...which I mostly slept through, so here's a photo of Uncle Map and Grandma and Grandpa

Later on after I woke up, Grandpa and I had a party of our own ... with a baby, a fire truck and a head scarf ...?

I also got to hang out with my cousins Kaelee and Jaxson. Kaelee wanted to show off her new Jane Fonda exercise skills, while Jaxson helped me put on shoes.


Now it's time for push-ups

Pat-a-cake on the deck

And then Jaxson sang us a song in French and we danced along.

Then it was the big day of Graduation! It was about 90 degrees outside (and if you've been to Nebraska in the summer, you know it's not pleasant), so don't mind the sweat streaming down Uncle Map and Dad's faces.

And here he is walking across the stage receiving his diploma at the Lied Center. It wasn't long before this that Mom wouldn't give me another vanilla wafer, so I shrieked "MOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA" (aka, "more") at the top of my lungs during the valedictorian's speech. That got her attention, and it got me another vanilla wafer.
Harper, 1, Mom, 0.
Can't wait until Grandma and Grandpa, Map and Koda come to visit in July!









Comments

Popular Posts