Viva la Mexico...or something like that

I know you all have been dying to hear about our first official family vacation to Mexico. Well, prepare yourselves because this isn't all pretty..

The trip started out good enough. The plane ride actually wasn't that bad, and I passed out on our ride to Punta Mita. Our place was huge, the pool was fabulous, and the weather was perfect. So we of course hopped in the pool for a late afternoon dip. Here I am waving to all you suckers back home getting ready for a big winter snow storm.

After that we headed to a nearby restaurant for dinner, I'm still a little tentative at this point

We stopped to play on the beach a little bit on our walk back the condo, and I started to relax some more
The next day I woke up early, so we took advantage of the beach before it got too hot. I guess the tide was unusually high for this time of year, so I didn't dig the ocean at all. In fact, I was quite petrified of it. So Dad and I attempted some sand castles which I thought was pretty cool. Though I had more fun back at the pool!

One thing I should note, at this point in the trip, Dad started to get sick from his fish tacos the first night. It wasn't pretty and he was stuck in the fetal position for a few hours. Needless to say, he wasn't excited about eating out again anytime soon, so most of their lunches looked about like this (yes, that is string cheese)...gourmet meal at its finest, people.

I have to throw this picture in here because it's just hilarious
We did make it out for one really nice dinner and were able to capture a rare family photo (albeit not the best one). I made some really good friends at this restaurant, too. It probably didn't hurt that we were the only people there (given that it was 5:30p and most people on vacation are taking a nap at this point). Here is one of my buddies.... He took me around the whole restaurant, into the kitchen to meet everyone, and gave me dessert, so he's cool in my book.

The next day we tried the beach again. Here's Mom trying to coax me down to the water, but I just wasn't really having it (though we did get closer than any other time!). But I had more fun playing with my legos on our patio...go figure

So if you've made it this far in the post, good for you, because this is where it gets good (or actually bad), because this is the point in the trip that I started to get really sick. We're talking 104 fever, vomiting...it was awesome. So we didn't actually do a whole lot of anything for the next day and a half. Mom and Dad lounged by the pool while I was napping, and the rest of the time was spent trying to get my fever down and keep me happy (which wasn't all that successful because I really felt like crap).

So, given the hiatus in our vacation, here's a nice sunset photo for you to enjoy in the meantime

I started to feel a little better our last day there, and Dad was able to capture a pretty good smile from me while he was cooking dinner for Mom and I.

The next morning, we had a beautiful sunrise, and I started to think...maybe I'm ready for the beach again...maybe???
So we headed to the beach one last time, and I actually liked it this time.
We got some sand and seashells to bring home, and I left my little footprints in the sand, and said 'Adios, Mexico! It's been great!' Well, maybe that's a small white lie. I probably won't be going back anytime soon, but no hard feelings.


Comments

Popular Posts