The Rainbow Loom of Doom

Ok that might be a bit of a dramatic title, but it shows how Mom feels about this particular invention at the moment. 

You see, as of the past few weeks, I've become rather obsessed with the Rainbow Loom. For those of you not familiar, here it is...



It's this super fun kit that you can make rubber brand bracelets with, keychains...well, anything you want really. I have spent many an afternoon (and morning) in my room watching Youtube video tutorials on how to make a number of things...a snake, Pikachu, the triple knot bracelet. You get the idea. 

But I have also started many projects only to quit halfway through (admittedly, after a lot of work has gone into them), and this has sufficiently irritated Mom. "Why are you quitting?! You worked so hard!" 

So when I got the idea to make this mini Minion "purse" - Mom was all for it, and wanted me to see it through. I tried pulling it off the loom a couple times, but she just wouldn't let me..



Turns out she didn't know what she was in for. It took me about a week and included multiple trips to the art store for more rubber bands, a new loom, some frustrating evenings after dinner, and a few curse words from Mom when I had to enlist her help with the hard parts. 

But I'm proud to say we finished it. It wasn't easy, and Mom had to stay up late last night to do the eye for me (which involved some tricking hand crocheting), but I think she was just happy to have it done. And I'm pretty dang proud of myself for actually finishing it. And if you say anything about how there are three different blues, two different yellows, and a crooked eye, my Mom might hunt you down. 




Comments

Popular Posts