Maida is 4 and we went to DISNEYLAND!

Just a note that for my 4th birthday, I had two friends over and Spiderman showed up and scared the living crap out of me. Maida turns 4 and gets to go to Disneyland. Something's not quite adding up here, but since I got to tag along, I let it slide.

Turns out it's - dare I say - enjoyable! to travel without a one-year-old?!



Our first day we weren't headed to the park, so we spent some time at the pool. Turns out it wasn't as heated as they claimed, and it was only about 70 degrees out, but we didn't mind.



The next day, bright and early, we headed to California Adventure and got in line for a FastPass to meet Anna and Elsa.


Maida was, of course, petrified (who isn't when they are meeting their idol?!) so Mom had to go with her. Poor Dad couldn't get the camera to focus.


Next we met Olaf! He really does like warm hugs!


Then some good old-fashioned fun on some rides...


and some that weren't so fun. This is us after we went on Tower of Terror. As the name implies, it was terrifying. For those of you who aren't familiar, it's a ride about going into the Twilight Zone and it drops you about 10 stories over and over. Not sure why our parents let us ride that given we are only 6 and Maida was technically still 3!?! We were asking them the same thing. Parenting mistake number #34,879,293.


This is more our speed - Cars Land!


I think Dad was having more fun than we were.


Maida's favorite part, this sucker.


Red!


One of the best rides, Radiator Springs Racers!


A ride in the ferris wheel - Dad was NOT a fan.


And now for some of my idols - Buzz and Woody.



We finished up the day at Disneyland where I wanted to try the Jedi Knight Training. I really had it down.


Then this guy came out..Mom looked up and saw a little girl kindof hidden sitting among the other kids in tears, and said out loud, "oh poor thing, she's scared" only to realize two seconds later it was her kid. That was the end of my Jedi training for the day.



This was only day 1...lots more to come! 

Comments

Popular Posts