Aaargh, Matey's!

Or as Maida says, "Aaargh, ladies!"
Either way, get ready for some pirate fun from my birthday party last weekend...



This is my friend, Maddy, and she always comes dressed up to my parties, so this one was no exception. Her pirate princess outfit was awesome (and her Dad was dressed as a pirate, too!)


Our first activity was coloring pirate hats...I think Sayler is upset because she wanted an Izzy costume like me.


Then I showed off my climbing skills out back - luckily it was a beautiful day (which is not normally the case for my birthday parties, so we got lucky this year)


Nathan!


The three musketeers together again


Next it was time for our treasure hunt, so we all gathered in front of the map Dad drew



And off we went with Mom leading the pack


We made it around front and stopped to refer to our trusty treasure map .. looks like we're going the wrong way


So around back we go again



Didn't we just go in a big circle??


Finally, we found the treasure! Bags filled with eye patches, tattoos, gold doubloons and various other treasures.


Next up, we walk the plank!





Dad even used one of our tarps to create some "water" - clever



Foster even had a turn walking the plank


My Jello pirate boats


Then the grande finale...candles to blow out. Mom only put four candles on my cupcake at first, and I had to remind her I'm turning 5! Sheeesh lady...


Enjoying our tasty treats



Maida even got her own pirate beard courtesy of her cupcake


More plank walking


Family pics






I even got Maida a little sister present so she didn't feel left out


Man, I'm a great big sister


T-minus...



Comments

Popular Posts