Young love, applesauce and ice cream


One of my good buddies is Nathan. We met in music class and now we like to hang out all the time. We met Nathan and his mom at the zoo the other day, and wouldn't you know it, we just liked to walk around hand in hand... go figure. Dad, prepare yourself, I'm getting started early..


Later that day I was getting ready for some lunch which included applesauce (one of my faves), and low and behold, I just start belting out this three syllable word all on my own. So mom grabbed the camera to record it because, well, I may not say it again for months. She said something about wanting proof to show my future teachers so they'll accept me in all the AP classes.


Completely unrelated to applesauce is ice cream ... although it's not really unrelated, because it's another one of my FAVORITE foods. We have a great little coffee shop/ice cream joint in our neighborhood that we like to ride our bikes to in the evenings after dinner. Funny enough, we ended up at this ice cream shop twice in one week, and you'd think I died and went to ice cream heaven.

The first trip, Mom and Dad forgot the camera so they didn't capture the awesomeness that was 'Very Berry' ice cream, but the 2nd time around was just as good .... 'Birthday Cake' - who doesn't love birthday cake? I couldn't get it to my mouth fast enough.


Whatcha lookin' at Willis? Can't I enjoy my ice cream in peace?


This is where Mom realized I probably have way too much ice cream for one little girl at 6 o'clock at night, and tried to eat some herself. I calmly told her to slowly back away from the deliciousness...


She did, realizing her battle was lost. And I thanked her and Dad for being the best, most awesome parents ever.


This photo is where I'm starting to realize I've eaten most of my ice cream and it's now almost gone.


Thus, I was not a happy camper. Reminds me of the old psalm..."The Mom giveth, and the Mom taketh away."


Comments

Alisson Hoy said…
OMG...loved the ice cream pics!! I feel the same way :)

Popular Posts