Favorite place in Colorado

I know what you're going to say...how can you have a favorite place in Colorado when you haven't even seen the entire state?

I just can, that's how...and it's Crested Butte.
I have to give the caveat though, that I wasn't sold right away. The first day, Mom and Dad got me all bundled up (sans gloves, we forgot those...brilliant)
...and tried to take me sledding outside our condo, and that went over really well, as you can tell. Mom tried to tell Dad we'd just sink in this snowdrift, but he wouldn't listen.
But the next day was much better. We met Grandpa G. and Dad at the base of the mountain, and I got to do a little skiing, which I loved (Mom thought I was too small to do it by myself, but there was a 13 month old out there on ski's - What?!?)

I also saw Bubba, the skiing bear, who scared the crap out of me

Later that day, we tried the sledding thing again, but this time it was more like cross country sledding, which I thoroughly enjoyed (don't pay attention to me in the family photo below, I was just being a drama queen, I really was having fun, I swear!)
The best part of the whole trip, though, was my pickle at dinner. Who doesn't love to end a day of winter adventure with a pickle?



Comments

Popular Posts