Holy hurricane

We've been pretty busy since school started .. actually it's basically been mass chaos around here. 
But the big news is, Fossie started preschool!! As you can see, he was a little tentative, but NO TEARS, and so far he's loving it (we'll just skip over the part where he poops his pants at school).


 

About a week later, Mimi and Grandpa came to visit, and we took them up to Estes Park. Since we didn't catch a fish when we went camping, we thought we'd try again ... this time at a stocked pond - duh.



Thankfully it worked. I caught a fish, but would not get anywhere near it, hence why I'm not in this photo. Maida, on the other hand, was all about it. Not gonna lie, I just don't get that girl.


After lunch we hit up a few bumper boats.


I have to say, it was SO nice having Mimi and Grandpa around!


The next weekend was jam-packed with more fun, this time with the cousins. Again, we headed up to the mountains to hang out in Beaver Creek.

We hit up Oktoberfest which included bugles, obstacles courses, and hamster balls (while Mom and Aunt Gabe had some much-needed spa time).





There was some paddle boating involved


And what trip would be complete without a few chaotic dinners out with 5 kids?


But Maida and I DID master the spoon-on-the-nose made famous by the Gonnion family many moons ago.



On our last day, we "hiked" (I use that term very loosely) down to the Ritz-Carlton and enjoyed some beverages and corn hole on a gorgeous afternoon.

 I also met some older kids who were on a trip with their family from Mississippi, and their Mom home schools them, so now I'm on a home-schooling kick. When I brought it up to Mom, she just laughed, so I'm not sure what that's all about.






Miss these two crazy girls!



Comments

Popular Posts