Breckenridge & Mom's Birthday

We spent the past weekend in Breckenridge with GG, D, Aunt Sara and Uncle Jed, and last Friday just happened to be Mom's 36th Birthday



We were typically up with the sun, so Mom captured the amazing view we had from our house of the sunrise on the mountains. 



Maida and I went to ski school our first day, but it was really such a production getting us in there, they didn't even get any photos of us except this one when we were en route on the gondola. It's all smiles here, but quickly went downhill from there (no pun intended).


I'm fairly certain ski school was a guise for babysitting so that Mom and Dad could go skiing all day (and by "all day" I mean more like a half day skiing, half day apres ski). Selfish much?! Sheesh..



We got in some good hot tub time - and Mom even talked Maida and I into running out into the snow and laying down in our swimsuits. And we did it, of course!



Foster did a lot of this during the vacation..



and Maida and I enjoyed some delicious (gluten free) crepes made by Chef Jed.


Maida loved playing in the snow (but she didn't always love getting READY to play in the snow).


Foster was a big fan, too!




Tubing!!


Maida and I even went by ourselves and had a blast!



While D, Dad and Foster hung out on the sidelines.


Our last day we did some ice skating, which was super fun and tragic all at the same time. I fell way too many times to count and my bottom started to really get sore. Then GG challenged Mom and Aunt Sara to race. Boy was that a mistake. Mom caught the tip of her skate on the ice and did a nosedive (rather gracefully, I might add) across the ice. Maida started to cry, and I thought Mom might cry, too, but she held it together and finally got up after a few minutes. I'm fairly certain you aren't supposed to be ice racing after 32.



Comments

Popular Posts