Thanksgiving


The week before Thanksgiving, we had a sort of "friends-giving" at school. We dressed up with our turkey hats, and all the kindergarten classes sat in the hallway and enjoyed pudding and popcorn together.


There was a lot of us...



Mrs. Stuhr may go down as my all-time favorite teacher ever. I realize this is a bold statement considering I haven't been in school that long, but that's how much I love this teacher.


The next night we headed to a friend's house for a little pre-tree lighting party. It was a beautiful night, so thankfully we didn't freeze like last year!



Then was the big trip back to Nebraska for Thanksgiving, but not before a little stomach bug would make its way to our house. Maida got it first a few days before we left, and then it hit me the night before. I sat in back and puked in a bag (that Mom was holding - this will be important later) the whole way, so it wasn't much different than any other long car ride I've taken.

I felt much better the next day, though! Grandpa and I are what we like to call "besties" and we did a LOT of hanging out in his Lazy Boy. Don't knock it 'til you try it, this thing was amazing!


Foster was in heaven with all the old school toys that Mimi got out for us


And Koda provided a lot of entertainment, too


And of course it wouldn't be a trip back to Nebraska without a stop at the Children's Museum




Finally it was time to actually celebrate Thanksgiving (a day late, thankfully for Mom who got my stomach bug the next night. Maybe something to do with the puke bag she was holding??). Here we are with Uncle Matt and his girlfriend, Sid.


And Mimi and Grandpa 


And our little family


I told you I hung out with Grandpa in this chair a lot


Then it was back to Colorado where we got in the full Christmas spirit and went directly to pick out our Christmas tree. Foster and I were obsessed with this giant Santa.


Dad had a hard time making a decision. There is a very precise method to his tree choice.


Foster got bored and started spinning around aimlessly.


Finally, a winner!


The next weekend was our 3rd (or 4th?) Annual Disney on Ice with GG!



And then back home for loads of cookie baking


Comments

Popular Posts