Fisherman's Expo

Last weekend I was a little sick, but luckily my fever was gone by Sunday, so off we went with the fam and GG and D for our annual trip the Fisherman's Expo downtown. 

There were plenty of ATV's to test out



But the highlight is always the fishing - D helped Maida while Dad and I tackled the trout together





and within seconds, I had a bite! Though I wasn't as thrilled as you might think. That darn fish was like...well, like a fish on a hook and thrashed around splashing smelly fish water all over me, which I was none too happy about. 





Then some guy insisted on grabbing the thing and holding it up by me for a picture. Everyone within a 50 foot radius heard what I thought about that.





Then Dad decided to give it a go with Maida since we'd had such "good luck."
She took a bit longer to get a bite and started to get a little bored with the whole thing...





but eventually one took and Maida was just as unhappy about the thrashing fish as I was





Though she didn't scream bloody murder during the photo op





This year they had something new (or perhaps I was just never big enough to participate until now) .. I can never turn down a chance at the climbing wall, even if I do only get 4 feet off the ground. 




We checked out some awesome raptors (who apparently, due to being mishandled and not properly released into the wild, think that they are people rather than birds?? Don't all the feathers give it away?)




 Maida made friends with an adorable Lab named Cal



And we designed our own t-shirts that remind us about water safety and to always wear a life jacket 




"They float, you don't!"


Comments

Popular Posts